Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Talk about a "theme!"

I finished Suite Francaise - as well written as Sarah's Key is not - and was so moved by not only the novel, but by Irene N.'s story too.

I'm excited for all of you to get through it.

And I'm half way through Resistance by Anita Shreve - about the French underground in Belgium in the same time period - actually 1944 - but a gripping story too.

I also started Rhett Butlter's People - it's my new SSR (Sustained Silent Reading) book. The glory that is GWTW just goes on and on!!

2 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

i started SF - bruce read SK - don't know what he thought about it - we haven't talked about it yet.

grannybabs said...

For those of you are waiting for your copy of Suite Francaise to come - try Resistance by Anita Shreve - about the French resistance in Belgium right after the time period covered by Sarah's Key and Suite Francaise.

A "total picture" is emerging for me anyway - especially with all the Anne Frank stuff I am doing with my students.