Thursday, January 10, 2008

Atonement


So, I'm waiting for Suite Francaise to be available at any library in Utah County (seriously, is it that popular?), and in the meantime picked up Atonement off of my roommate's bookshelf. (She's an English major... TONS of books that I haven't read, and I'm looking forward to it!)

So far I like the book a lot. It's very descriptive (although at one point the descriptive gets a little graphic), and a very compelling read.

Has anyone read it or watched the trailer for the movie?

3 comments:

grannybabs said...

I know nothing about this - I'm reading "The Pillars of the Earth" - an interesting book a friend gave me for Christmas. The story begins in 1136 - I always wonder how they knew what life was like then.

As for Suite Francaise - should we be mailing off our copy to someone??

Dad LOVED it - we need to have a discussion!

Eliza said...

Mom, you asked me if I'd like to borrow your copy and I said yes. So...yes.

I have seen Atonement around at bookstores, the library, etc. but never paid much attention to it. I have also seen the trailer--looks very intriguing. I'm not a huge Keira Knightley fan but it's supposed to be a very good movie. She was nominated for a Golden Globe...actually it got a lot of GG nominations.

This year's GGs are going to be announced at a press conference instead of a ceremony, because of the strike. That's my kind of awards show! (except for the dresses. I will miss the dresses.)

grannybabs said...

Eliza - it's "in the mail" as they say.