Thursday, April 3, 2008

What I'm Reading Now:


I came home early from school on Wednesday and our cleaning lady was here, so I had to find a little corner to stay out of the way in - and started reading Choirboys by Joseph Wambaugh. It was terrible - I lasted for about 5 chapters and tossed it!

The same woman who had brought me that had brought me Pavilion of Women by Pearl Buck. So I started that - and I have had a hard time putting it down.

I've read about Pearl Buck before, but it's been since high school - I read a number of her books then. I may even have read Pavilion before - but I am really enjoying it.


Any of the rest of you - have you read her - what is your take? She definitely has an agenda. An intriguing one at that!

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

So I finished it - now I'm taking Atonement on the plane with me.

Pearl Buck is a little wordy - but what she has to say really resonated with me.

And she was pretty much way ahead of her time.

bonny with a Y said...

i love pearl buck - we read good earth for book club a few years ago - loved it - and i think she was ahead of her time because of her experiences growing up.

fascinating bio.