Saturday, June 4, 2011

Third time's a charm!


Just finished this series. There are some "holes" and some hasty transitions that don't work entirely, but overall it was a satisfying end to the series.

I hope my students will respond to them when I introduce it next school year. It is thoughtful fiction - and fairly well-written. Really makes you think about a lot of things, like being prepared for what life throws at you and the importance of human relationships.

My book group is reading the series for their summer read and we will discuss it in September.

Want to join us??

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

Note: This author has written quite a few books for teens and young adults - among them 4 books about each of the Little Women.

I will check them out and let you know - Alice alerted me to this connection.

She is apparently well-rounded!