Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer reading

I just came across this list: 50 best ever summer holiday books from telegraph.co.uk.

Some interesting picks. The author calls them "the books with the strongest narratives, most magnetic characters and most involving worlds. Books that will not let you down."

I am embarrassed to admit I've only read one of these books (Things Fall Apart). A few were already on my to-read list (Wild Swans; Love in the Time of Cholera), and I added a few more to my list (The Secret Agent; The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire), and I'm curious to know your opinion of the list or of any titles on this list.

I am pretty sure that no matter how hard I try, for the rest of my life I will always have a lengthy "to-read" list. Maybe that's not such a bad thing though.

No comments: