Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jobs I have had!!


Maybe I have posted this shot before - it's from a job I worked at my first summer home from college. My sister Joan worked there and got me the job. I was grateful, but I wondered how these women could be working at the same job for so many years and not just die of boredom!

Joan had been there 2 or 3 years, but the other women - who were perfectly nice - had been there for over 10 years! The work was tedious and repetitive - I could barely stand doing it for one summer.

Other summers I also worked at another blueprint factory. I also worked at a cosmetic factory. For two summers I worked as a playground leader for LAUSD. That job was pretty fun. Dealing with people, rather than papers and machines, is always my preference.

Maybe that's why - even though retirement sounds mighty appealing some days - I don't mind going to work most days. Teachers get days off pretty regularly, we see new faces every year, and there's a lot of "real life" to the job.

Beats printing and folding blueprints all day - do they even still do that??

No comments: