Thursday, May 7, 2009

My new fave!!


Perhaps some of you remember when I noted that the first motion picture that I have a memory of seeing was Captain Horatio Hornblower - I wonder how it would look to me now? Maybe I will NetFlix it to see. I remember thinking it was very bloody and exciting. Of course, with Gregory Peck, I'm sure I thought it was romantic too! I do wonder if my folks knew what movie we were going to see? (After our chores were done each Saturday, we hauled off to the Panorama Theater to see the double feature and to have Root Beer Barrels or Bon Bons for our treat. I guess I had finally come of age and could go too! Or maybe I don't remember the others!)

So when Leslie suggested that we would love the A&E version of Hornblower, we gave it a look/see.


Let's just say Dad and I devoured 8 episodes in 5 nights of viewing - and loved every minute of it!


And I am so a fan of Ioan Gruffudd - wonder why he hasn't hit the big time heartthrob-wise?

Maybe I will just have to watch them over and over again - a la GWTW!!

I highly recommend the series!

4 comments:

hanner said...

Ioaoahenngng or whatever his name is was in a couple of movies we saw recently... "Amazing Grace" (which you probably would like, it's about the abolition of slavery in England), and he also plays Tony Blair in "W," the satire of GWB's presidency. I thought that was a funny movie as well.

grannybabs said...

It's pronounced Yoan Griffith - he's Welsh - has even sung in an eistedfodd. He was in Titanic too they said.

I will NetFlix Amazing Grace -thanks for the heads up!

Christina @ AccomplishingMotherhood said...

Isnt he Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic 4?

grannybabs said...

Yes.