Monday, May 18, 2009

One down, 10 to go!!


Now that I've started the Hornblower novels, I'm going to have plenty to read for a long time I suspect!!

It definitely helps that I've seen the movies - I'm not sure I would understand all the naval and seafaring talk.

They are a good read!!

I'm on the second one now - Lieutenant Hornblower. They are somewhat true to the movies - changes are minor, however. What I'm enjoying the most is the insights into the characters - the films did a good job of "fleshing out" the different ones, but it's nice to make the judgments yourself.

Stay tuned - and watch the DVD's if you haven't already!!

"Aye, aye sir" the fans said in chorus!!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

"they are somewhat true to the movies"--haha :)

grannybabs said...

Guess that should be the other way around. It's just that I usually read the book first - and then see the movie!