Monday, April 20, 2009

I should be keeping a count I guess -

I woke up about 2:30 this a.m. and could not get back to sleep. The pain meds are worthless - they do nothing. Advil helps, so I took some. Ice packs work too - but I'd fallen asleep with them and they were no longer icy.

So I hobbled out to the living room and thought I'd read until I fell asleep - the couch is actually a good place to sleep, since there is something for me to lean against - I'm a side sleeper and I can't do the side thing with these bulky dressings in a regular bed. (That may be a misplaced modifier?)

I was about 3/4 of the way through the book - and it turned out to have a gripping ending - so I stayed awake until I finished!! And then slept till 9:30 or so. But I'm still feeling groggy - I think a nap will soon be in order.

These Maisie Dobbs books are a good fast read - and pretty intense. I'm usually not a mystery fan at all - but the setting for these is England after WW I - and the inherently interesting historical details make them compelling for me to read.

Guess I will have to get another one - this is #2 for me - I think there are 6 or 8 of them.

And there will undoubtedly be other sleepless nights ahead! (If not, there are afternoons ahead for reading too!)

No comments: