Thursday, July 16, 2009

Finally!

I finally finished You're Wearing That? after going through a chapter at a time. I usually read it when we were traveling so it was in small segments.

Overall, I liked it. Maybe I should get into more detail when I have the time, but I thought that it was interesting that Mom recommended it to all of us because I don't think that I have as strained a relationship with either of my parents as the subjects in the book seem to! (Unless maybe there's something you're not telling us, Mom?? ;) It did give me a lot of insight on my sisterly relations, too, which was interesting, maybe because I feel like I have been mothered by all of my sisters at one time or another. And then there is the angle of adding my female in-laws into the mix and seeing how we all interact with each other. I thought it was interesting.

Anyway, Eliza gets it next! In a month!

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

I don't think we have a strained relationship at all, but I certainly see "strained" relationships all around me.

And I never cease to be amazed at how what you wear seems to be so significant to so many mothers.

Maybe because from a very early age, my girls pretty much told me what they were wearing, I gave up trying to be influential.

Karan D. mentioned the other day that she couldn't seem to get past feeling that what she wore defined her as a person.

Interesting thought - I think we all have some of that.