Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Moving down the list -


That would be the Newbery list - I was struggling with The Dark Frigate - and thought I'd get a jump start with some lighter fare - this is perfect for such an occasion!!

If you have not read it, do. I never saw the movie - so don't know how they compare. But the story is delightful - and beautifully written.

So now I've read 48 of the 87 - of course, if I had to write book reports on 47 of the ones I've read, I'd be hard put to give more than a skeleton overview.

I will give The Dark Frigate another chance!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It took me a bit to get through the Dark Frigate. Though it was a good pirate tale, probably would appeal to boys.
I recently counted how many of the 87 I had read and it was 54. And now I have read two more.
I checked The Story of Mankink out of the library, but just am not motivated to read it right now.