Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Louder Than Words

I bought this book a couple of years ago at the book fair. I had no idea that the author was a former Playboy centerfold!! I had no idea who she was at all in fact!

I also had no idea that the book itself was something of a rant against vaccinations and other suspected agents!

But her style is loose and easy to read. Sometimes it's funny - if you can believe that.

And after she finally got the therapies and programs she wanted for her son - she was incredibly diligent in applying them at home too - which is a lesson all parents could benefit from.

The diets, and rants are less absorbing.

I thought it would help me understand some of the students I have with autism. I suspect it could help me understand their parents though!

And she contacted the LDS Church - and had two elders come and give her son a blessing. And they taught her once too and she took a Book of Mormon. They came often to her house - that part was funny to read - she kept telling them it wasn't a good time to teach her - finally she said yes and took a lesson.

Only one lesson though!

Like I said, it was a different book.

She dedicates the book to lots of doctors, teachers, therapists "and the Mormons!"

No comments: