Thursday, February 28, 2008

Anyone?


I recently started David O. McKay and the Rise of Modern Mormonism. Has anyone read this besides Mom? I am into the chapter on civil rights (the first, I should add, that really says anything less than glowing about President McKay). Talk about fascinating! If anyone wants to discuss I certainly have some thoughts--about agency, tolerance, kindness, leadership, restraint vs. "speaking out," among other things--the first of which being I definitely wish I could have known David O. McKay!

4 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

i think it sounds fascinating - i also want to read shattered dreams - the book heather and amy read.

grannybabs said...

The David O.McKay book is very enlightening - I'm gratified that so many diverse people all seem to find it appealing.

Says something about a prophet I guess!

Phoebe said...

I think I'll get a copy of it for David. He'll really enjoy it and then I can read his copy!

Alice said...

Karl gave me the book and I am slowly reading it. I find it very fascinating but I don't devote the time to it that I should. I am in the process of reading several books. I just finished Castle of the Flynns and really enjoyed the taste of Irish immigrants and their lives. I am also reading the autobiography of Carl Larsson, a Swedish Painter. His life is very interesting and I really like his paintings, just ask my kids. Hester gave me Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns??. I am excited to begin reading those books.