Monday, February 18, 2008

DONE!...

...well, almost done. I just need to read the last appendix, which is the preface to the French edition.

So the question is, have Phoebe and Hannah finished it? I have several pages dog-eared and am going to attack with a pencil next, so I don't forget what I noticed/thought/liked/wondered about/etc. It's kind of nice actually, because I've been reading it since Friday or so and am always a little bit bummed to finish a good book. So now I have the underlining and note-making to look forward to.

Unfortunately I never did any of that with Sarah's Key. Are we still going to compare the two? I do remember a few things that stuck out.

Anyway, just following up to let you know that I have in fact read the book. Only took me what, three months to start it!

4 comments:

grannybabs said...

Okay, so I don't even know where my copy is these days.

And I don't remember a lot of the details.

But I do remember a sense of time and place that the story transported me to - what a good book does best as far as I'm concerned.

And Sarah's Key took me to another time and place too, but the ride wasn't nearly as enjoyable!

hanner said...

I'm over 1/3 of the way through!

And Mom, I believe your copy is in Virginia with Eliza?

Eliza said...

Mom sent me a new copy.

grannybabs said...

Someone in my book group has it I think - and they have my copy of Sarah's Key too - I proposed a comparison like ours to them too.

But they all loved Sarah's Key - and I don't think they've read SF yet.