Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A day late and a dollar short -


Funny story: I bought this book two or three years ago. Never read it. Tossed it when I did a book purge a year ago - not really a toss, gave them to the library.

Then coming home from Boston, I needed a book to read - we had delays, etc. and I had run out of reading material - and this was the only thing in the airport bookstore that wasn't trashy or a romance. So I bought it again.

It was a good read - got "dark" at times and was substantially "gritty" but it did have a good plot line. I liked the way they had a story frame with the present day. Apparently that's not as major in the movie as it was in the book. One friend thought the movie was better.

I know everyone else has already read it and is talking about the movie.

I need to get more circumspect about buying/tossing books!

No comments: