Saturday, April 30, 2011

Latest good reads


With our internet down, and Harry not home for most of the weekend, I did lots of reading!! And it was lots of fun - ate popcorn too!!

I'd had this on my shelf for over a year - it was a good, fast, compelling read. I like the Shannon Hale books - they sell well, so there must be an audience out there. This one had a "vampire" touch that I'm sure made it especially popular. It's a nice twist on an old fairy tale.


This is very funny!! Definitely chic-lit, but pretty well written. Maybe you have to be from the San Gabriel Valley to appreciate it - but I wish I'd had this on the plane when we were going through turbulence - it would have distracted me for sure!!

I'm in the middle of Left Neglected - same author as Still Alice. So far it's a good read - well-constructed too.

No comments: