Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another book -

I am doing lots of reading. Just finished The Dream, A Memoir by Harry Bernstein. It's the sequel to The Invisible Wall. They are both quite good. A reviewer said they sounded like early D.H. Lawrence, but I don't really think so. The prose is spare and effective though. Was also compared to Angela's Ashes - but it's way better than that was.

A good airplane read - or lying-on-couch-to-rest-your-aching-knees read.

Now I'm re-reading Let the Circle Be Unbroken by Mildred Taylor - my class just finished Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, so I want to share some of it with them, since it is a sequel. They loved Roll of Thunder - as most 8th graders do.

I used to read lots of juvenile fiction - but haven't as much lately - with my penchant for resting on the couch and soaking in the tub, that's an untapped resource that I may get to!!

No comments: